Jennette McCurdy’s mother has passed away

Posted on September 20, 2013

Jennette-McCurdy-devistating-loss-of-Debra-McCurdy

On September 20th, 2013 TMZ has reported that Debra McCurdy has passed away early Friday morning. Understandably Jennette will also not be making an appearance at the Worldwide Day of Play event. It’s understandable that Jennette will need plenty of time to recover and needs to be with her family during such a devastating loss of her mother, who has meant the entire world to her and was a role-model to being the strong woman she is today.

Debra McCurdy has been battling breast cancer for 17 years and Jennette herself has made multiple articles about her condition including one featured on the Wall Street Journal which you can read here. It’s without a doubt a shock to the entire world as just recently she has been in Jennette’s Vine videos showing a very happy, energetic, and witty mother, much like her daughter. Many are still hoping that it’s only a rumor as it’s too surreal to be true. Regardless, Debra will forever be remembered in the thoughts, prayers, and hearts of millions of fans.

On behalf of JustJennette and every McCurdian out there, we send our deepest condolences.

Jennette Updates

31 responses

1. I’m so sorry about that. I’ll pray for Jennette and her family. RIP Debra McCurdy. :'(

2. Jennette,…many people, more than you know, are praying for you and your family. Just remember, you are not alone. Best Wishes, KW

3. Jesus Armenta says:

My condolences and prayers for you and your mother, so God takes her in his glory, and one day you meet her again, meanwhile you have all our support from your fans from Mexico… qye tu mami vaya con Dios

4. Deepest Condolences to Jennette and the Mccurdy Family. You shall be in mine and no-doubt many peoples thoughts today.

5. Awe this made me cry a lil

6. My daughter is a huge fan and was devastated to hear Jennette lost her mom. We send our deepest condolences to her and her family during this time.

-Angel & Chaylei

7. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family at this hard time.

8. Unfortunately, this is not a rumor. This news has also been reported by the Associated Press as well. How devastating. Debra was more than just a mother to Jennette and Mark, but a motherly figure to her fans as well, especially those who went out of their way to support Debbie in her time of need, and for those fans that did not have real mothers to look up to as well. Debbie was and still is a fighter who managed to beat the odds once before. However, she now dwells in the house of the Lord, free of pain and suffering. My condolences to the entire McCurdy family at this difficult time.

9. This world didn’t deserve Debra , that ‘s why she left too soon . :(

10. My thoughts and prayers to Jennette and her family. May you find comfort and peace during this difficult time. I lost my father in a mine accident when I was six and know how hard it is lose a parent at a young age. I hope that you remember the great times you had with your mother and draw strength from them.

11. Hola Jennette, soy de Venezuela, siento mucho la muerte de tu madre estoy segura de que ella fué una gran luchadora y de que ahora está en un lugar mejor, el cielo es para las personas valientes como ella. Sé fuerte recuerda los mejores momentos a su lado, sé tan fuerte como ella lo fué… Te quiero mucho… Siento no haber podido escribir en inglés, pero espero que puedan llegar a ti y a tu familia mis más sinceras condolencias.

12. It is never easy to loose a loved one. I am battling stage 3 cancer now. If you ever need to talk to someone about your mom i will muster up the energy to chat.

Quoting Billy Joel: “Only the good die young.”

13. Abigale Gallimore says:

my deepest condolences to Jennette and family

14. Unbelievable. I speak one word of God on behalf of Debra’s passing and you guys delete my comment. Well, I’ll have you know that such a statement was said out of passion, sympathy, disbelief and goodwill. So…I will try this again, only in simplified terms:

My condolences to the McCurdy family. I simply cannot imagine how it must feel to lose a mother, and can only hope that Jennette and her family can come back stronger than ever knowing that her mother is in a better place.

15. Disregard my small rant above. For some reason, after I posted my second comment, the original comment I made on this post (which I thought was deleted) suddenly appeared. Please accept my apologies.

16. Taggart Snyder says:

Prayers to you, Jennette, and your family. I lost my mom at 22 from diabetes. I never got over it, but it gets easier. I’m so sorry.

17. Fabio Mufarrej says:

Meus sentimentos pela sua perda, Jennette. Acredito que o amor que sua mãe dedicou a você perdurará até a Eternidade, pois que era um amor verdadeiro. Vais encontrar consolo nas boas lembranças, e verás que a vida é maior que nós, porque Debra viverá para sempre em nossos corações. Eu quero que você seja forte, sempre forte, pois que és uma vencedora e sua mãe sempre teve orgulho de você. Meu mais profundo pesar neste momento difícil, e sei que nada vai tirar essa sua alegria contagiante e esse sorriso lindo que nos encanta sempre. Que Deus te abençoe, Jenn.
    De seu maior fã.

18. Rest in paradise, my condolences !

19. I’m so sorry for your loss. I wish I could make it right. She will always love you and she will Rest In Peace. :(

20. I Will Miss Debra McCurdy she and I were great friends!

21. Aneza hakim says:

Jennette got to be strong. It may hurt and she may shed a few tears but everythings going to be alright. Cause, McCurdians needed her smile.

22. Sorry bout your mom but if I could I would give my life to her

23. Everyone loved Debra McCurdy. She was, and still is, a strong, happy-go-lucky mother, friend, and role model to not only Jennette and the rest of her family but to many, and probably all, of her’s and Jennette’s fans. Everyone this perfect mother, and friend, and she will be there in only good ways and nothing bad (because there probably nothing horrible to remember about her). I could on and on how much Mrs. McCurdy, meant to her daughter. She was more then just a mother, she was the world to Jennette and her family. Cancer is a horrible thing and no one should have to go through it. I cried and cried for hours on end when I heard about this disaster. I hate myself for only finding out now, but better late then never.. Mrs. Debra McCurdy- You were/are a huge role model; head figure to not only Jennette and the rest of you family but to all the McCurdians that knew you. Ms. Jennette- Everyone love you and everyone can’t bare to see you in this much pain. The world needs your bright, beautiful, witty, zany since of humor and joking-around ability. The McCurdians my need your bright smile (that always makes my day whenever I am down.), but we are also here for you a thousand and ten precent. So, I am going to leave saying this- Me and all the other McCurdians love you and will will always be her for you and your family. I love you Jennette and you are amazing (never forget that, please). I, and the whole world, love you with everything we got. We are here for you and the other beloved McCurdy family. You are, personally, my role model and you are where I go whenever I need a simile. I love. You rock, and are the best entertainer in the world. Your the best and I HATE to see you in this much pain. Keep on rocking. You are the best and one thousand present my head figure<333 =) (sorry if this was repetitive, but I meant EVERY word I said.) : )

24. sorry. I hope you recover

25. Angel Vallespin says:

hello jennette! stay strong always! Your mom is happy where you are right now. Me and your other fans are just here for you :)

26. Angel Starz says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m just now finding this out due to my illness, sickle cell anemia. Praying for you and your family. Much Love!!!

27. u gotta be strong jennete we love u and bekive in u!im so sorry for your lost.

28. Be strong Jennette we love you and we believe in you! i’m so sorry for you lost.

29. Marcela Oliveira says:

OMJ! Coitada da Jennette, ela deve estar recebendo muito o apoio da família e precisa do apoio dos fãns também!!! #LUTODEBRAMCCURDY
    Isso porque ela só tem 21 anos, perdeu sua mãe jovem d+,porém ela não perdeu seus fãns !! Debra era querida por todos nós. #FIQUEFORTEJENNETTE

30. Kailey Sherman says: