Jennette McCurdy confirms leaving Capitol Records Nashville

Posted on July 11, 2012

In a recent Fanlala interview during the filming of a promotion for BirdsEye, Jennette McCurdy confirmed that she left Capitol Records Nashville. Also included are questions about her experience with Michelle Obama on iCarly and her appearance on Figure It Out. Check out the exclusive interview below provided by Fanlala:

Fanlala: Explain to us in your own words, the team up with you and Nickelodeon and Birds Eye.

Jennette McCurdy: What we’re doing is launching a new campaign encouraging kids to see vegetables in a new light. I want to show them that they can be fun and cool. They’re not nasty like all of the stereotypes would have you believe. Nickelodeon asked me to be a partner, and since I believe that healthy eating is so important, I wanted to help with the campaign!

Fanlala: You guys have been even getting some major cred from Michelle Obama – first having her on the show, and now receiving major support for “iCarly iCook with Birds Eye.” How does it feel having such a relationship with such a prominent figure?

Jennette: It was insane, in a word. When I first found out that she was going to be on the show, I couldn’t believe it, none of the other cast or crew members could. Not many people can say they’ve experienced working with someone of that political level. And we toured to promote her Joining Forces campaign, which was awesome. What were doing now is continuing that relationship, and we love that she’s supporting kids and families.

Fanlala: What’s your favorite experience to come out of the kitchen with you, success stories, horror stories, or otherwise?

Jennette: I was burnt on the eyelid with a cookie pan. Back when I was nine years old, my mom was making cookies, and she told me not to go into the kitchen. But like all kids do, I got curious. So I walked in and my mom didn’t know I was there, and when she turned around, I accidentally got bumped in the eye with a hot cookie sheet. I had to go to the ER, but everything was fine. I can see and everything, it was just not my best kitchen experience.

Fanlala: iCarly has wrapped filming, but you’re nowhere near done. What can you tell us about your future with Nickelodeon?

Jennette: The next show that I’ll be on is being developed by Dan Schneider, who has been with Nickelodeon through their history. I worked with him on ‘iCarly,’ and he created ‘Drake and Josh,’ ‘Victorious,’ and a multitude of other shows. I’m proud to be a part of the family, and I’m happy to be working with them for longer. Shooting starts in August, so I won’t be in the dark for much longer about my show.

Fanlala: We have to know, did you take anything from the ‘iCarly’ set?

Jennette: NO! i didn’t! I always said I was going to, and I totally forgot. I have one pair of shoes from the second season lying around, and a shirt or something. I’ll always have the memories, but I really wish I could have taken that ice cream sandwich loveseat…

Fanlala: What was it like bringing the slime back and being a part of the second coming of ‘Figure It Out?’

Jennette: It was a great idea on whoever thought it up and Nick’s part. It was really fun to be a part of, kids love to see Nick actors get slimed, and people come up all the time and say “Hey! I saw you on ‘Figure It Out’ that one time!” And they love asking me about the show.

Fanlala: You got to flaunt your music skills a little bit for the Birds Eye commercial, and with an album out earlier this year, fans want to know, have you been working on any new music lately?

Jennette: I’m kind of between projects right now. I actually just left Capital Records recently. I’m really just deciding what else I want to do next. Right now I’m working on my new show, and I’m just figuring out where I should take my music from here.

Fanlala: Lastly, as Nickelodeon’s veggie ambassador, do you have any words that your fans and followers can live by to help improve their diets and live healthier lifestyles?

Jennette: Balance is everything. If you go by the 80/20 rule, you’ll be fine. 80% of the time, eat well and exercise, and the other 20%, do what you want. Do what feels good during that time. It’s actually a little ironic that I’m a part of this campaign, because I was always telling people to eat their vegetables on the ‘iCarly’ set. Now here I am promoting veggie eating, it feels great!

Interview, Jennette Updates

3 responses

  1. CapNash shall rue the day they let her slip thru their fingers.

  2. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jennette

  3. YoMcCurdy says:

    I don’t blame Jennette for leaving CapNash. They really didn’t treat her right. But she also wanted to work on her acting. Hopefully she’ll carry on with her music in the future. Love You Jennette:)<3